Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bean harvest and corn house








Lissa showing off the first bean and playing in the corn house. We got a big kettle full of beautiful beans for her first harvest and she was amazed. She was so proud to take a colander full of nice beans to Great Grandma and Auntie. She has decided green beans are good food. Then she found an old curtain rod in the trash can and copped it. It became her magic sword and the scarecrow was a pirate ghost who had hidden treasure. Vegetables were the treasure and she had a basket to store her stolen stash in. I like those corn pictures, because she didn't know I was watching her play for a long time. She was talking and had this elaborate story line. It was way cool.

*
I thought of my Grandma and the corn and the sunflowers and the hide outs long gone. Knowing a child and passing things along makes you immortal in a way. My Grandma must have enjoyed these times as much as I did.. and do. She must have loved me very much.


10 comments:

gardenhoe said...

This camera is sooooo fun because I can set it to huge pics and be really far away. I got a whole series of the garden play and then cropped them. The detail is pretty good for being so far. I think.

Tricia said...

"It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived"....

gardenhoe said...

Ahhhh. Is that an original quote? I like it.

Anonymous said...

Lissa is so beautiful!

gardenhoe said...

Awww, thanks. She was very sweet this weekend and had fun which was a joy. I wish it was always like that. We had a couple of small problems, I may blog about later, but, nothing major.

Tricia said...

Found it last night when I was surfing the web. Thought you might enjoy the 'garden' theme!

Anonymous said...

Being able to watch kids play is like getting a glimpse into a magical land.

Pics turned out great, wouldn't have guessed you were any distance away at all.

Corina said...

the pictures are fabulous! And these are the types of stories and games you remember all throughout your life. I am so thankful i was the first child, and have tons of pictures like these to reminisce over. another reason why i am a crazy obsessed scrapbooker, LOL

Anonymous said...

ghost pirate! brilliant!!

you are right...those things do make people immortal in a way...

Anonymous said...

make sure you tell lissa about your grandma!