Monday, June 22, 2009

Nasturtiums in the corn


I found out what Lissa did with all those Nasturtium seeds I gave her. She planted them in the corn. Obviously the kid is some kind of landscaping genius, they look really pretty climbing the corn stalks...all red, orange and yellow with their aquatic looking leaves. This is Lissa's corn house. You know, like the old Sunflower houses, only we used corn. There's some Sunflowers too...and now Lissy's Nasturtiums getting ready to bloom all through it. She loves this spot. It's going to be our hidey place.
*
The birthday party is back on for tomorrow. Suddenly I have no hate on for the world. I'm glad Casey J. is coming home tomorrow too. It should be a nice day.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

My Nasturtiums are coming up nicely also but I do not have a nice corn patch to enjoy. So I will enjoy Lissas.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Lissa!

gardenhoe said...

Heidi, don't you love the Nasturtiums? I do. I think their leaves look like frog hands. Uhhh, if frogs had hands..lol.

Thanks, Biz. 'Bout time, huu?

I HATE EVERBPDU! said...

And will there be cupcakes at the birthday party?

LOL

gardenhoe said...

There's chocolate brownie cake with sprinkles and chocolate ice cream.

Maureen said...

Love nasturtiums, don't have any though. All my plants are in containers. I have NO dirt, all cement parking lot around me. Some day, when I sell my business, I will definately buy a property where I can grow everything! Flowers, fruit trees, veggies, there will be no stopping me! I hope.

I HATE EVERBODy! said...

gardenhoe said:

There's chocolate brownie cake with sprinkles and chocolate ice cream.

***********************************

Yum!

Now you got me hungry. I'm gonna go to Dairy Queen and eat some ice cream, I can eat it then sit there and actually watch my ass get bigger.

Have fun at the party!

Heidi said...

I got oreos! We can all watch our asses get bigger..or stomachs, whichever way your garden grows.

Anonymous said...

Heidi-how about both? lol ..BTW I had to make an impromptu run to the grocery store for some ben and jerrys before putting Sammy to bed. Thankyouverymuch Pat.

P.S. Please tell me they're chocolate sprinkles?? chocolate chocolate chocolate....mm

coffeebean said...

Glad the party is back on! You can put nasturtiums on salad, I guess they taste good too. I've never tried them, but they are pretty.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I am ever so impressed by your garden everytime you post up a new photo.

Enjoy the birthday celebration!